Last Updated and Effective as of: May 7th, 2021
1. We collect information from and about you.
As part of the inquiry or contact process, we may collect your name, email address, phone number and other contact information.
We collect other information.
If you use the website, we may collect information from and about the browser or device you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using the tools described below. To control those tools, please read the “Choices” section below.
2. We collect information in different ways.
We collect information directly from you.
For example, if you send an inquiry or contact us.
We collect information from you passively.
We may use tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We collect information about you over time when you use the website. We may use third parties to collect personal information this way. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them in the “Choices” section below.
We get information about you from third parties.
Our business partners may give us information about you. For example, we may receive information about you from our business partners.
We combine information.
For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
3. We use information as disclosed and described here.
We use information to improve our products and services.
We may use your information to make the website and our services better.
We use information for security purposes.
We may use your information to protect our company, our customers and our website.
We use information for marketing purposes.
For example, we might provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might also use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates.
We use information to communicate with you.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
4. We may share information with third parties.
We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf.
For example, we share information with companies that help us operate our services or run a promotion. We may also share information with companies that help us fulfill customer requests. This may include third party payment processors.
We may share your information with our business partners.
For example, we may share your information with business partners, such as real estate companies or hotel companies, so we can operate our services.
We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves.
For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it.
We might share information if we are investigating potential fraud.
This might include fraud we think has happened in connection with an inquiry. This might also include fraud we think has happened during a promotion.
We may share information with a successor to all or part of our business.
For example, if part of our business is sold we may include customer information as part of that transaction.
We may share information as requested or directed by you and for other reasons we may describe to you, or as otherwise permitted by law.
5. You have certain choices about how we use your information.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails.
To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Even if you opt out of getting our marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
You can control cookies and tracking tools.
6. Special Information For EU Users.
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). This section provides information as relates to EU users’ rights, and our responsibilities, under this regulation.
EU User Rights.
If you are a user of the website in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to our handling of your personal information. Users outside the EU may also request explanation, correction, deletion or copies of their personal data.
- a. Explanation and copies of your data
- You have the right to request an explanation of the information that the Website has about you and how we use that information.
- You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that we collect about you if collected on the basis of consent or because we require the information to provide the services that you request.
- b. Correction
- If we have information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information. Please see the section titled ‘Explanation, Copies and Correction’ below for more information on correcting, or requesting correction of, your information.
- c. Deletion
- Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Users may request deletion through contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
- d. Objections and complaints
- Users in the EU have the right to object to our processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling. We may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR.
- You may also submit questions, comments or complaints to email@example.com.
Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, we process the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
- a. The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request
- We must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes: your name, email address, and phone number; enable communications with you.
- Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of our services.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance our services.
- b. The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others
- We may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
- c. The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests
- We collect and use personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
- To maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we collect background check information (where permitted by law) to prevent unsafe users from providing services through the website. We also use personal information to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining information of banned users to prevent their use of the website.
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services. For example, we use user profile, location, device and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud the website or other users.
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide customer support.
- To optimize our service and develop new services.
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
- For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analysing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
- To enforce our Terms of Service.
- d. The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties
- We collect and use personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.
- We may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
- e. The processing is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations
- We are subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your personal data.
- We may also share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
- f. Consent
- We may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
- We may also collect personal information about you through voluntary surveys. Your responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent, and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
7. The website is not intended for children.
8. We use standard security measures.
9. We may store information in Japan.
Information we collect may be stored in Japan. We may also store information in other countries. If you live outside of Japan, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to Japan. The website is subject to Japan laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
10. We may link to third party sites or services we don’t control.
11. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
If you have any questions about this policy or want to correct or update your information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at:
Inbound Platform Corp.
SW Shinbashi Bldg. 5F, 6-14-5 Shinbashi, Minato-ku
Tokyo, Japan 1050004